Thursday, August 04, 2005

Bad Chili Week

I decided to try and make chili on Monday and it failed spectacularly. The problem came when the recipe called for beer. I was a little iffy about the beer but well Alton Brown can't be wrong right? He's got his own show on Food Network. Man was that ever not the case. The beer made the chili taste like funk. Not the good, groovy, dancing type of funk. I mean FUNKY FUNK. It was so bad I had to dump the entire load into the sink and swear off making chili ever again.

But the bad chili made matters worse. You see I spent a good 30 bucks on that chili and I had to watch it all go to waste. I bought lamb, pork, and really expesnive beef ( it smelled so good as I was searing it) and I nearly wept as I had to watch it feed the only thing that would eat it, the garbage desposal. So I'm kinda depressed. And that in turn has effected my writing. I havent written or rewrote anything since Monday.

So I am dubbing it bad chili week and decided to take the week off to mourn my loss. I'm already getting better though. I made up with the crock pot by making my favorite, chicken cacciatore. But just a warning for all of you: avoid bad chili if you can. It will effect your writing in the sucky way.

4 Comments:

At 10:35 AM, Blogger No One You Know said...

Sorry about your bad chili experience! I'm a chili fanatic. Here's my recipe on my husband's website:
http://americanpasturage.com/recbbchil.htm

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger Chun said...

Any chili without beans? I'm not fond of them and I made this chili becuase beans were not in the ingredient.

My dream is to make a chili to top over spagetti and then top with grated cheese. You can't beat that.

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger Alexa Grave said...

Well, as you know, Chun, I haven't got any writing done either. And since you keep reminding me it's bad chili week and not to do anything, I haven't. lol The way the week went, it should have been bad chili week for me. It turned out to be bad roast week, though. Oh, and rejection on my b-day week.

Monday is the start of a fresh week. It will be good. Right?

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger No One You Know said...

Chun - just double up on the meat and drop the beans. :-)

Lori: Tomorrow is always a better day. Errr, until its yesterday. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home